BeConnected: Facebook for Seniors & Beginners
About this Event
Getting your head around Facebook for yourself – or for your business.
Younger members of your family are happily all over Facebook. Your staff are telling you that you need to be on social media. And while it’s been around for a fair amount of time, it seemed a little silly when you first looked at it.
Facebook is used by over 70% of Australians to connect with friends, family and businesses. But for some of us, it’s a but of a mystery – and a little intimidating.
In this small group for seniors (or let’s just say, those of us over 55) you’ll get dedicated time with the Northern Territory’s Facebook Australia Lead Trainer who will help you:
- Make sure you’re set up right on your profile
- Show you the ins and outs of using Facebook for communication
- If you’ve got a business, show you how to set up your Page
- Give you some basic hints and tips on how to connect better with friends, family, customers and do a little networking of your own.
This session will be presented by Dante St James, Head of Digital at Treeti Business Consulting and a Lead Trainer with Facebook Australia.
ABOUT ENTREPRENEURSHIP FACILITATORS SERVICES
Whether you have a business idea, you want to get your business off the ground or you’re looking for some help to improve your business, Megan Holzfeind, the local Entrepreneurship Facilitator, may be able to help you. Entrepreneurship Facilitators provide a free service, funded by the Australian Government, to encourage people to start their own business. Running your own business is a great way to create your own job.
For more information about the Entrepreneurship Facilitators Services (EFS) program and to register, visit our EFS page.
EFS events in Darwin are brought to you by our Entrepreneurship Facilitator, Megan Holzfeind, in partnership with Business Station, Inc. They are part of the Entrepreneurship Facilitators Services (EFS) program and fully funded by the Australian Government.
The Entrepreneurship Facilitators Services (EFS) program is proud to work alongside other Australian Government initiatives such as NEIS – the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme. Through its Northern Territory partner, MyPathway, NEIS provides assistance to people wishing to start their own business.
Be Connected is an Australia wide initiative empowering all Australians to thrive in a digital world. We have online learning resources as well as a Network of community partners – the Be Connected Network – who offer support so you can develop your digital skills and confidence.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles