Digital tools for small business during disasters
With the 2020 craziness, we forget that in Nov 2019, we were in the midst of a bushfire crisis
This free webinar from Google’s Digital Springboard program aims to help business owners increase their preparedness for a disaster or emergency by connecting with simple online tools and social media.
It covers digital skills to use emergency apps, access current and reliable information online and maintain contact with friends, family, customers and emergency services. The course also introduces simple apps and tools for different parts of Australia.
Who this is for:
– Business owners over the age of 18 years
– Business owners who live in disaster–prone areas (such as fire, flood, cyclones, etc)
– Business Owners with a basic knowledge of online applications and social media platforms
What you will learn:
– How to determine how you currently access information on disasters and disaster preparedness
– To identify the importance of online tools for disaster preparedness
– to discover how to use common online tools for early warnings and disaster preparedness
– to build confidence in using the simple online tools and social media to keep updated during a disaster
– How to explore the role of online information and resources in disaster recovery.
– How to apply disaster management to your small business to ensure that your business continues once the crisis has passed
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host is Dante St James, one of Australia’s most credentialed digital trainers. Dante holds the following qualifications and certifications:
Bachelor & Master of Business Information Systems (UNSW)
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Foundational Certificate, Diploma & Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
Diploma of Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT50915), Website Development (TAFE NSW ICT50615) & Information Technology (TAFE NSW ICT50115)
Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40815) & Web-Based Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40315)
Google & Infoxchange Digital Springboard Trainer
Facebook Blueprint Lead Trainer (AU/NZ), Digital Marketing Associate, Media Planning, Media Buying, Creative Strategy & Marketing Science Professional certifications
Dante is professionally associated with the Australian Marketing Institute, Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK), Australian Computer Society, Chamber of Commerce NT, Tourism Top End, the Australian Institute of Office Professionals, the ICT Industry Association of the Northern Territory, Territory Proud, Darwin Pride Festival, Skål International Darwin and .au Domain Administration.
Dante is an approved presenter of workshops for the Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions program, Head of Digital at Treeti Business Consulting in Darwin, a Lead Trainer with Facebook Australia & New Zealand and the Founder of Clickstarter, a regional Australian digital marketing agency.
You can find out more about Dante at https://dantestjames.com/
#disasterplanning #businesscontinuity #planning #preparation #smallbusiness
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles