How to be a better business networker online and in-person
Level : Beginner
Friday, 4 December 2020
- WA: 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (AWST)
- NT: 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM (ACST)
- QLD: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM (AEST)
We’ve all seen those business owners who just seem to know how to meet others and hold a conversation at those networking events. They make it look effortless when it comes to introducing themselves to others, and always seem to know exactly how to say the right thing at the right time.
But no one is simply “born” with the “networking gene.” It takes practice, and more importantly perhaps, a formula when you enter any networking situation, to brush away the self-consciousness, and get more out of every networking situation.
But even if the thought of attending a networking function seems impossible for you, there are plenty of online opportunities to connect with other business owners, including LinkedIn and online Meet Ups.
- This practical webinar will help you to learn how to:
- Form a plan for starting to network with others
- Confidently introduce yourself and your business
- Communicate clearly what you are looking for from new contacts
- Remember people’s name and plan for follow-ups
- Network with other businesses in the real world, and online
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host is Dante St James, one of Australia’s most credentialed digital trainers, and a student of networking through his work with various networking organisations:
- BNI (Business Networking International)
- BEN (Business Expansion Network, Queensland)
- Chamber of Commerce NT
- NT Indigenous Business Network
- And the organisation he formed, the Darwin Small Business Network
Dante holds the following qualifications and certifications:
- Bachelor & Master of Business Information Systems (UNSW)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Foundational Certificate, Diploma & Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- Diploma of Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT50915), Website Development (TAFE NSW ICT50615) & Information Technology (TAFE NSW ICT50115)
- Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40815) & Web-Based Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40315)
- Google & Infoxchange Digital Springboard Trainer
- Facebook Blueprint Lead Trainer (AU/NZ), Digital Marketing Associate, Media Planning, Media Buying, Creative Strategy & Marketing Science Professional certifications
Dante is professionally associated with the Australian Marketing Institute, Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK), Australian Computer Society, Chamber of Commerce NT, Tourism Top End, the Australian Institute of Office Professionals, the ICT Industry Association of the Northern Territory, Territory Proud, Darwin Pride Festival, Skål International Darwin and .au Domain Administration.
Dante is an approved presenter of workshops for the Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions program, Head of Digital at Treeti Business Consulting in Darwin, a Lead Trainer with Facebook Australia & New Zealand and the Founder of Clickstarter, a regional Australian digital marketing agency.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles