How to build a sales strategy for the self-employed
So you’ve gone from employed to self-employed. Now how do you get the work rolling in?
About this Event
Thursday, 10 September 2020
WA: 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM (AWST)
NT: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (ACST)
QLD: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (AEST)
Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life. – Mary Kay Ash
Sales isn’t just for retailers and big companies. It’s a process that everyone in business has to go through to bring in new clients or customers. Yet many freelancers and sole traders may never have to have ever do sales. Maybe you went from full time employee to full time contractor and never had to pitch for new work. Or perhaps you have always been referred new work by others. However, 2020 is not your average year, and many freelancers and sole traders have seen their customer base leave or even close down.
So what do you do if you’ve never had to pitch for work before?
In this free webinar from Dante St James you’ll learn:
– What the sales process involves
– Where to find new customers
– How to advertise for work
– How to pitch for new work from customers
– How to plan ahead to keep potential customers coming in
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host, Dante St James, is a nationally renowned digital marketing and business skills trainer, holding contracts with Treeti Business Consulting, Facebook Australia & New Zealand, Google’s Digital Springboard program, the Australian Government’s BeConnected and Stay Smart Online Cyber Security programs. He works with startups across Australia and has helped secure more than $1 million in funding for small business ideas through government and private funding schemes. As a member and contributor to Startup U, Lean Startup Labs, the Australian Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing, various tourism peak bodies and Chambers of Commerce, Dante speaks and trains widely across Australia and the Asia Pacific Region on topics of importance to small business, tourism, marketing, media and business growth. Dante also founded regional Australian digital agency, Clickstarter.
#selfemployed #freelancer #soletrader
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles