How to deal with customers by phone?
About this Event
Level : Beginner
Wednesday, 24 February 2021
WA: 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM (AWST)
NT: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (ACST)
QLD: 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM (AEST)
It’s not just millennials. More than 64% of customers prefer to deal with businesses via messaging. Not by phone. You can ask almost any recent high school or university graduate and the list of definitions of hell, to them, would have “working in a call centre” near the top of the list.
And while much of the basic customer contact process has moved online to more indirect forms of communication, the phone is still the place where people go when their issues are more complex, more urgent, or simply can’t be resolved satisfactorily online.
Even the most terrified phone-phobes can benefit from this free session that is all about learning the skills to break the ice to develop a solid rapport with customers on the phone. We’ll talk about how to develop your listening skills, express empathy in a meaningful way, handle angry customers and stay focused on being the best customer-oriented business owned that you can be.
In this 1-hour webinar with Dante St James you will learn:
- How to start an outbound call and answer an inbound call
- How to break those awkward silent moments
- How to put people on hold without making them feel abandoned
- How to listen to what your customer is really saying
- How to make your customer feel understood and listened to
- How to calm an angry caller from the outset
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host, Dante St James, is a nationally renowned digital marketing and business skills trainer, holding contracts with Treeti Business Consulting, Google’s Digital Springboard program, the Australian Government’s BeConnected and Stay Smart Online Cyber Security programs. He is also one of just 7 Facebook Lead Trainers in Australia. As a member and contributor to Startup U, Lean Startup Labs, the Australian Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing, various tourism peak bodies and Chambers of Commerce, Dante speaks and trains widely across Australia and the Asia Pacific Region on topics of importance to small business, tourism, marketing, media and business growth. In 2016, Dante also founded regional Australian digital agency, Clickstarter, running alongside his other two businesses in start-up support and digital training.
#telemarketing #customerservice #customers
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles