How to maintain your WordPress website
WordPress websites are great! But just like a car, it’s going to need a little regular TLC to keep it running smoothly.
About this Event
Tuesday, 3 November 2020
WA: 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM (AWST)
NT: 10:30 PM to 11:30 PM (ACST)
QLD: 11:00 PM to 12:00 PM (AEST)
If you’ve just had a WordPress website built for you, or you’ve just taken over the administration of one, it can be a challenge to know what you should be doing. There are plugin updates, theme updates, core updates, notifications coming about lockouts and none of it seems to make much sense.
Just like with a car, a little regular maintenance can keep your WordPress site alive and well for years.
This webinar will show you:
1. How to create notifications about your website going down
2. Updating WordPress itself, plugins and themes
3. A few must-have tools to keep your website safe, secure and running
4. A checklist for every WordPress admin to follow weekly and monthly
WHO THIS WEBINAR IS FOR
This workshop is designed for small businesses that have a WordPress website that they are administering themselves, without a website manager, developer or designer on staff.
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host is Dante St James, one of Australia’s most highly-credentialed digital trainers.
Bachelor & Master of Business Information Systems (UNSW)
ITIL Foundation Certificate for IT Service Management
Foundational Certificate, Diploma & Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
Diploma of Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT50915)
Diploma of Information Technology (TAFE NSW ICT50115)
Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40815)
Diploma of Website Development (TAFE NSW ICT50615)
Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40315)
Facebook Blueprint Lead Trainer (Facebook AU/NZ)
Facebook Blueprint Digital Marketing Associate
Facebook Blueprint Media Planner
Face Blueprint Media Buyer
Dante is an advisor and presenter to the Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions program, Head of Digital at Treeti Business Solutions in Darwin and the Founder of Clickstarter, a successful regional Australian digital marketing agency.
You can find out more about Dante at https://dantestjames.com/
#wordpress #websites #wordpressadmin
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles