How to research your competitors
Famous designer Tommy Hilfiger once said, “I looked at my competitors and I thought that, If they could do it, I could do it. And if, they are popular and doing well, I could compete with them.”
Ignoring your competitors is dangerous, because you can guarantee that they aren’t ignoring you.
Whatever it is you do, it is almost certain that there are other companies out there offering a similar product or service to yours. In any crowded marketplace, you need as much information and insight as possible to gain an edge over your competitors.
Simply knowing what they offer is not enough.
With today’s software and technology, you have the ability to know more about your competition than ever before.
In this informative session you will learn:
– How to identify your competitors (even the not-so-obvious ones)
– How to compare their content & presence to yours
– How to compare their performance on Google with yours
– How to compare their social media engagement with yours
– How to prioritise what to work on
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Dante St James has worked in marketing-related roles as well as his own marketing businesses for over two decades. In that time he has learned to use the many tools available to businesses to check on competitors and ensure that his own businesses and those of his clients are strongly positioned against the market.
With partnerships from Facebook and Google, along with Shopify and other eCommerce leaders, Dante brings together the knowledge he has gained across marketing agencies, media companies and business consulting to an easy-to-understand, easy-to-action set of guidelines for performing your own competitor research.
Our Latest Articles
- Entrepreneur of the Month – Julie Overell
- August webinars now ready for bookings
- Shifting our business online
- Emerging Markets Development Grants available
- Client of the Month – Offroad Dreaming
- EFS Feature Event: Australian 2020 Entrepreneur FEST
- Entrepreneur of the Month – Rana Everett
- ASBAS Success Story – Michelle Taylor
- The ‘New Normal’ of Digital in the Territory
- Free digital webinars available to book