How to stand out in a world of Canva Clones?
About this Event
Level : Intermediate
Tuesday, 23 February 2021
WA: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (AWST)
NT: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (ACST)
QLD: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (AEST)
Canva has been a life-changing graphics tool for tens of thousands of small businesses. It has given everyday business owners the power to create, repurpose and update their own graphics for the first time in history without having to learn a complicated graphic design package.
But for all the wonderful benefits that Canva has brought us, have you noticed how many businesses and marketers seem to be using the same templates over and over again to the point where you can almost look at any social media account or website and say, “oh yeah, they did that on Canva for sure.”
Even with hundreds of templates, eventually graphics that are built based on templates all start to look a little matchy-matchy. Yet hidden in Canva, Crello and other online graphic and video builders are tools, elements and design principles that can make your graphics and videos really stand out from the Canva Crowd.
In this free 1 hour webinar with Dante St James you’ll learn:
- What the rules of good graphic design are, and why most Canva-created designs look so bad when they are changed
- The problem with using Canva, and what some alternatives are
- How to get the maximum design benefit out of Canva and similar tools without having to be a graphic designer yourself
- How to use colour, shapes and animated elements to go from zero to hero in your next Canva project.
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host, Dante St James, is a nationally renowned digital marketing and business skills trainer, holding contracts with Treeti Business Consulting, Google’s Digital Springboard program, the Australian Government’s BeConnected and Stay Smart Online Cyber Security programs. He is also one of just 7 Facebook Lead Trainers in Australia. As a member and contributor to Startup U, Lean Startup Labs, the Australian Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing, various tourism peak bodies and Chambers of Commerce, Dante speaks and trains widely across Australia and the Asia Pacific Region on topics of importance to small business, tourism, marketing, media and business growth. In 2016, Dante also founded regional Australian digital agency, Clickstarter, running alongside his other two businesses in start-up support and digital training.
#canva #crello #graphicdesign
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles