How to write about yourself ?
About this Event
Level : Beginner
Tuesday, 2 February 2021
WA: 04:00 PM to 05:00 PM (AWST)
NT: 05:30 PM to 06:30 PM (ACST)
QLD: 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM (AEST)
Why is it so awkward to write about yourself or your own business? Is it because we’re told all our lives to be humble, to blend in, to be modest? Or is it just because we’re a little bit too close to our own business to be truly objective about it? Or is it because we keep seeing and hearing ads that are so bad that we get scared away from ever trying to write
As a former radio and television copywriter and someone who writes tonnes of blogs and business descriptions on websites every year, Dante St James has learned a few tricks along the way that really help to un-cringe a process that can be very awkward!
In this workshop we’ll look at:
- How to break down the writing process in to three simple steps
- The cringiest kinds of sentences and how to avoid them
- The “radio guy” habits we all have to break
- How digital tools can help you stay on topic
- How to write less, but say more
- Writing for blogs, social media, ads and videos
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Dante St James is a Lead Trainer, accredited Marketing Science Professional, Digital Marketing Associate, certified Media Planner and Media Buyer with Facebook Australia & New Zealand. He is also a Training Partner for Google’s Digital Springboard, the Australian Government’s BeConnected program and the Australian Cyber Security Centre’s Stay Safe Online program.
His background in digital technology, the media and owning his own small businesses has led to an approach that takes in the best practices from the world’s leading marketers, condensing the most relevant information into bite sized pieces to help small businesses move forward without all the techno-jargon.
#selfpromotion #marketing #connectingwithcustomers #personalbrand #branding
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles