How to write for business and customers
Writing doesn’t come naturally to everyone. Like everything, it’s a skill that can be learned.
About this Event
Level : Beginner
Tuesday, 17 November 2020
WA: 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM (AWST)
NT: 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM (ACST)
QLD: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (AEST)
We write differently in business than we do personally. From a simple email to a customer, to a presentation for investors or even when you’re compiling a report, there is an art to writing for business. This webinar will help you to write directly, clearly and concisely, so you’ll say more in less words, and be more easily understood by clients, staff and suppliers.
In this webinar, learn how to:
- Select a tone for writing that matches your audience
- Recognise what is too short – and what is too long
- Use specific phrases to convey information or urgency
- Differentiate between education, information and sales messages
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host is Dante St James, one of Australia’s most credentialed digital trainers. The following are some of his digital, marketing and business qualifications and certifications:
- Bachelor & Master of Business Information Systems (UNSW)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Foundational Certificate, Diploma & Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- Diploma of Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT50915), Website Development (TAFE NSW ICT50615) & Information Technology (TAFE NSW ICT50115)
- Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40815) & Web-Based Technologies (TAFE NSW ICT40315)
- Google & Infoxchange Digital Springboard Trainer
- Facebook Blueprint Lead Trainer (AU/NZ), Digital Marketing Associate, Media Planner, Media Buyer & Marketing Science
Dante is professionally associated with the Australian Marketing Institute, Chartered Institute of Marketing, Australian Computer Society, Chamber of Commerce NT, Tourism Top End, the Australian Institute of Office Professionals, the ICT Industry Association of the Northern Territory, Territory Proud, Darwin Pride Festival, Skål International Darwin and .au Domain Administration.
Dante is an approved presenter of workshops for the Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions program, Head of Digital at Treeti Business Consulting in Darwin, a Lead Trainer with Facebook Australia & New Zealand and the Founder of Clickstarter, a regional Australian digital marketing agency.
You can find out more about Dante at https://dantestjames.com
#copywriting #writing #marketing #BusinessStation
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles