Planning, hosting and running better meetings
Transform your meetings from wasteful to unmissable while making sure that everyone knows what their actions are.
Level : Beginner
Monday,17 August 2020
WA: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (AWST)
NT: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (ACST)
QLD: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (AEST)
Have you ever attended a meeting or presentation that left you feeling frustrated? Despite their reputation for sometimes wasting time, meetings remain one of the most effective tools for sharing information, presenting ideas, and making decisions – if facilitated well.
Meetings are also among the most expensive forms of communication, so it’s essential to make the investment worthwhile. You need a solid process for preparing effective meetings by establishing a clear purpose and objectives.
Meetings can be very productive; many issues can be resolved, and participants can feel grateful they attended. With the right people and agenda, and solid prep work, you’re nearly there! If you struggle to start meetings on the right note, this webinar can help you get the most out of them, saving you valuable time.
In this session you’ll;
– Learn how to kick off meetings
– Find out how to ensure maximum participation and buy-in
– Learn what to do when meetings go off track, when to intervene, and how to deal with productivity problems
– Learn how to close and follow up on a meeting
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Dante St James has worked in marketing-related roles as well as his own marketing businesses for over two decades. In that time he has accumulated over 80 individual certifications and qualifications in marketing, business and digital technologies.
As part of one of Australia’s largest media companies for over a decade, he introduced both Lean and Agile methodologies to the business, resulting in shorter, more productive meetings held with less people, less often. This led to a significant increase in productivity, a huge reduction in mistakes, and higher levels of customer satisfaction. Now, as an advisor who attends up to six meetings a day, Dante finds it more important than ever to keep meetings on-topic, on-time and fit to purpose.
Our Latest Articles
- Entrepreneur of the Month – Julie Overell
- August webinars now ready for bookings
- Shifting our business online
- Emerging Markets Development Grants available
- Client of the Month – Offroad Dreaming
- EFS Feature Event: Australian 2020 Entrepreneur FEST
- Entrepreneur of the Month – Rana Everett
- ASBAS Success Story – Michelle Taylor
- The ‘New Normal’ of Digital in the Territory
- Free digital webinars available to book