Structuring your business for balance, blend or burn-out
About this Event
Level : Beginner
Wednesday, 17 February 2021
WA: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (AWST)
NT: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (ACST)
QLD: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (AEST)
The problem with the concept of “work/life balance.” It’s designed as a concept for people with jobs who have defined days, hours and holiday breaks. Which is great for public servants, but not so great for small business owners.
It can be hard to listen to your government employee friends talking about their 6 week holidays and flexi days and benefits that allow them to have this mythical “work/life balance” however it’s not impossible for the business owner to form their own idea of what a “balance” looks like.
Yet you can, with a little structure, achieve a balanced approach to life and work when you own a business. However, many business owners find themselves so worried about their business when they’re away from it, that a more blended approach is necessary.
In this insightful webinar from Dante St James you will learn:
- What work/life balance is, and how it can work for a business owner
- What a blended work/life arrangement is, and how it works
- How to work out what arrangement works best for you and your business
- The importance of finding the right arrangement to avoid burn out
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Your host, Dante St James, is a nationally renowned digital marketing and business skills trainer, holding contracts with Treeti Business Consulting, Google’s Digital Springboard program, the Australian Government’s BeConnected and Stay Smart Online Cyber Security programs. He is also one of just 7 Facebook Lead Trainers in Australia. Dante works with startups across Australia and has helped secure more than $1 million in funding for small business ideas through government and private funding schemes. As a member and contributor to Startup U, Lean Startup Labs, the Australian Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing, various tourism peak bodies and Chambers of Commerce, Dante speaks and trains widely across Australia and the Asia Pacific Region on topics of importance to small business, tourism, marketing, media and business growth. In 2016, Dante also founded regional Australian digital agency, Clickstarter which developed into a business on its own right, running alongside his other two businesses in start-up support and digital training.
#worklifebalance #blendedwork #burnout #wellbeing #resilience
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources for program evaluation and reporting purposes; and businesses may be approached by a representative from the Department to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
Our Latest Articles
- Welcome to our July 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our May 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our April 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our March 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- Welcome to our February 2021 Newsletter – Director’s Note
- A critical marketing tool, you are ignoring, with a simple fix.
- Working together the big theme of OBM Alice Springs
- Diversity, energy and tourism on the agenda in Tennant Creek
- Nhulunbuy event leads with key messages for local business
- How you make your website work better on mobiles