The reality, and aftermath of failing in business by Dante St James
We often hear all about the good news stories in business. The success stories top our feeds and clog our LinkedIn experience. We list our successes and triumphs in resumes, portfolios and proposals. Everyone wants to back a winner.
But what if you end up failing? Or worse… end up losing everything?
There are times when business fails. There are times when a pivot isn’t successful. And there are times when we just get it totally wrong.
In this brutally honest sharing of the stories of two businesses that were both headed by people who had successful track records at work and in life, you’ll hear about:
– The journeys that each took towards success and failure
– The mistakes that were made, and the things they had no control over
– The lessons that were learned, and how they’d do things differently
– The things to watch out for in your business that signal problems are ahead
– How to correct many issues before they turn into critical failures
– How both business owners recovered from their failures and both work in successful businesses again now
This workshop is brought to you by Business Station and AusIndustry under the ASBAS Digital Solutions Program
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
The host of this webinar, Dante St James, is often associated with success, having grown a successful digital agency, working with hundreds of businesses across Australia in his roles with Treeti Business Consulting and Facebook Australia, and his hosting of countless coaching sessions and workshops. But not so long ago, he experienced not one, but two big business failures that saw him lose everything.
Today he owns his own businesses, consults to many more and represents Facebook & Instagram across the Asia-Pacific. He also owns a franchise for F-Up Nights in Darwin, where he facilitates the sharing of stories of failure by business leaders, public officials, and famous people. F-Up Nights and the associated Failure Institute are a worldwide movement in 321 cities across 90 countries. It’s dedicated to destigmatizing failure and using it as a way to learn and succeed. He presents his own story of recovery from failure, along with other examples from The Failure Institute, that contain real learning for Aussie small businesses.
Our Latest Articles
- Emerging Markets Development Grants available
- Client of the Month – Offroad Dreaming
- EFS Feature Event: Australian 2020 Entrepreneur FEST
- Entrepreneur of the Month – Rana Everett
- ASBAS Success Story – Michelle Taylor
- The ‘New Normal’ of Digital in the Territory
- Free digital webinars available to book
- Respond, Reset and Rebound.
- Out of chaos comes order
- What to know before you advertise on Google