Hello and welcome to our March edition of our Treeti Yeah Newsletter.
This month we are asking our clients “is it a good time to review your business model”, particularly if you have decided you would like your business to move to next level.
It’s easy to focus only on the day-to-day running of your business, but it can pay dividends to think about longer-term and more strategic planning or organisational strategy. This is especially true as you take on more staff, create departments within the business, appoint managers or directors and become distanced from the everyday running of the business.
Reviewing your progress will be particularly useful if you feel:
- uncertain about how well the business is performing
- having trouble managing capacity
- recognising you have staff shortages and skill shortages
- unsure if you’re getting the most out of the business or making the most of market opportunities
- your business plan may be out of date, e.g. you haven’t updated it since you started trading
- your business is moving in a direction different to the one you had planned
- the business may be becoming unwieldy or unresponsive to market demands
- feel as though you are not maximising what you do already
We often refer our clients to the book The E-Myth by Michael Gerber, widely considered the modern day business bible, Gerber draws the vital and often overlooked distinction between working on your business versus working in your business. This is a critical distinction to make as a business owner when at the point of growth. A good business plan and clear map of the future can be a god sent at your time of need.
~ Claire Maradani, Treeti Director